In the male-dominated list, Sandra Bullock and Jennifer Lawrence manage to land at the fifth and tenth places respectively.
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is named 2013's highest grossing actor at the worldwide box office by Forbes. He wins the top spot with $1.3 billion after going neck and neck with "Iron Man" actor Robert Downey Jr. who settles at the runner-up place with $1.2 billion.
The list doesn't reflect the paycheck these actors get, but rather how much money the movies they starred in earned in total. Downey Jr. falls short of taking the No. 1 position because he only has one movie release "Iron Man 3" which is a huge success this summer.
The Rock has more advantages because the pro wrestler-turned-actor has two box office hits "G.I. Joe Retaliation" and "Fast and Furious 6" this year. He additionally appeared in at least two other smaller films "Snitch" and "Pain and Gain".
His "Fast and Furious" co-stars Vin Diesel and the late Paul Walker sit on the fourth and sixth places. In between them, "Gravity" actress Sandra Bullock rounds up the top 5. Another female star, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" actress Jennifer Lawrence, closes the top 10 list.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - $1.3 billion
- Robert Downey Jr. - $1.2 billion
- Steve Carell - $964 million
- Vin Diesel - $887 million
- Sandra Bullock - $862 million
- Paul Walker - $789 million
- Billy Crystal - $743 million
- John Goodman - $743 million
- Chris Hemsworth - $701 million
- Jennifer Lawrence - $700 million