December 12, 2013 07:23:35 GMT
A rep for Styles says that the rumor about the boybander leaving the One Direction to pursue solo career is 'complete nonsense.'
There have been reports suggesting that Harry Styles may leave One Direction next year to focus on his solo career. However, a spokesperson for the British heartthrob has shot down the rumors, saying, "It's complete nonsense, of course."
HollywoodLife.com was the first one which reported the false news. A source told the site that Styles wanted to record a solo album, saying, "Harry really wants to record his own stuff and put out in album now that this one is done. Trust me, he's going to do it."
This is not the first time Styles is rumored to part ways with bandmates, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne. Earlier this year, Taylor Swift's ex-boyfriend was said recording songs for his solo album.
"The boys are all working on the new 1D album together and sometimes sessions are recorded separately," a rep then explained, clearing the air.
One Direction is currently promoting their "Midnight Memories" album, which was released last month. The boys are also set to embark on a string of tour dates in support of their third studio effort next year.