The British/Irish boyband will bring their 'Where We Are' tour to Toronto in early August 2014 before visiting Washington, Philadelphia, Houston and other cities in the U.S..
One Direction is set to bring their "Where We Are" tour to North America next year. The British/Irish boyband made the announcement when they visited "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, November 26.
"We're bringing [the tour] to North America," band member Niall Horan told Robin Roberts on the ABC morning show. "We simply can't wait to be back in North America touring and to see our fans. It's going to be absolutely huge!"
The five boys' first North American show will happen at Rogers Center in Toronto on August 1. They will then head to the U.S. and make stops at Washington's Nationals Park, Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field, Houston's Reliant Stadium, Chicago's Soldier Field, Atlanta's Georgia Dome and Miami's Sun Life Stadium among others.
The 21-city tour is being promoted by Live Nation. More dates are going to be announced soon. Tickets go on sale on December 7, with pre-sales on December 3.
In addition to announcing the tour, One Direction delivered live renditions of their "Best Song Ever", "Story of My Life", "What Makes You Beautiful" and "Kiss You". The former two songs were lifted from "Midnight Memories", their newest album which was officially released on November 25. Within 24 hours of its release, it shot to No. 1 in 97 countries around the world.
- August 1 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
- August 4 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
- August 7 - Foxboro, MA - Gillette Stadium
- August 11 - Washington, DC - Nationals Park
- August 13 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
- August 16 - Detroit, MI - Ford Field
- August 19 - Nashville, TN - LP Field
- August 22 - Houston, TX - Reliant Stadium
- August 24 - Dallas, TX - AT&T Stadium
- August 27 - St Louis, MO - Edward Jones Dome
- August 29 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
- September 12 - Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
- September 16 - Phoenix , AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium
- September 19 - El Paso, TX - Sun Bowl Stadium
- September 21 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome
- September 23 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
- September 25 - New Orleans, LA - Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- September 27 - Charlotte, NC - PNC Music Pavilion
- October 01 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome
- October 03 - Tampa FL - Raymond James Stadium
- October 05 - Miami, FL - Sun Life Stadium
One Direction Performs "Best Song Ever" and "Story of My Life":
One Direction Performs "What Makes You Beautiful" and "Kiss You":