The Florida-born singer takes home the top prize in Best Urban Performance for his 'Echa Pa'lla (Manos Pa'rriba)' while the Latin musician's 'Vivir Mi Vida' wins Record of the Year award.
The winners of the 14th Latin Grammy Awards have been revealed. Singer/songwriter Pitbull, Colombian singer Carlos Vives, Latin musician Marc Anthony, Venezuelan band La Vida Boheme, Mexican pop singer Natalia Lafourcade and Chilean singer Beto Cuevas were among winners at the show held at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Tuesday evening, November 21.
Pitbull won Best Urban Performance for his collaboration with Papayo, "Echa Pa'lla (Manos Pa'rriba)", while Anthony collected a Record of the Year award for his single "Vivir Mi Vida". Vives walked away with awards that included Song of the Year and Best Tropical Song for his "Volvi a Nacer" as well as Best Tropical Fusion Album for "Corazon Profundo".
La Vida Boheme, who opened the pre-telecast event with a highly spirited performance, took home the Best Rock Album award for their "Sera". Lafourcade notched the top prizes in two categories, Best Alternative Music Album and Best Long Form Music Video for "Mujer Divina: Homenaje a Agustin Lara". Meanwhile, Best Pop/Rock album went to Cuevas for his "Transformacion".
Other winners included Gaby Moreno (Best New Artist), Alex Cuba (Best Short Form Music Video for "Eres Tu") and Draco Rosa (Album of the Year for "Vida". Full winners list can be seen on LatinGrammy.com.
That night, the show's famous green carpet arrival was canceled due to the rain. "Due to rare weather conditions, we have accommodated as many extra media outlets as possible to rooms in the media center inside the venue so that everyone has an opportunity to obtain coverage of nominees, presenters, and performers for the 14th Annual Latin Grammy Awards. We thank everyone for their patience and cooperation, and we look forward to another successful and exciting telecast," the Latin Recording Academy and Univision Network said in a joint statement.
Despite the weather, stars like Anthony and Ricky Martin managed to shine when performing their respective hit at the annual event.
- Record of the Year: Marc Anthony - "Vida"
- Album of the Year: Draco Rosa - "Vida"
- Song of the Year: Carlos Vives - "Volvi a Nacer"
- Best New Artist: Gaby Moreno
- Best Rock Album: La Vida Boheme - "Sera"
- Best Pop/Rock Album: Beto Cuevas - "Transformacion"
- Best Alternative Music Album: Natalia Lafourcade - "Mujer Divina: Homenaje A Agustin Lara"
- Best Alternative Song: Bojofondo - "Pena En Mi Corazon"
- Best Urban Performance: Pitbull Ft. Papayo - "Echa Pa'lla (Manos Pa'rriba)"
- Best Contemporary Tropical Album: Juan Luis Guerra - "Asondeguerra Tour"
- Best Tropical Fusion Album: Carlos Vives - "Corazon Profundo"
- Best Tropical Song: Carlos Vives - "Volvi a Nacer"
- Best Singer/Songwriter Album: Caetano Veloso - "Abracaco"
- Best Instrumental Album: Bojofondo - "Presente"
- Best Folk Album: Reynaldo Armas - "El Caballo De Oro"
- Best Tango Album: Diego El Cigala - "Romance De La Luna Tucumana"
- Best Flamenco Album: Tomatito - "Soy Flamenco"
- Best Latin Jazz Album: Michel Camilo - "What's Up?"