Macklemore and his partner, Ryan Lewis, win YouTube Breakthrough award while Eminem is named YouTube's Artist of the Year.
The full winner list of the first-ever YouTube Music Awards has been releaveld. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Eminem are among the winners at the less-than-90-minute event that was live streamed from New York City's Pier 36 on Sunday, October 3.
Rap duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis won YouTube Breakthrough award for being the artist with "Biggest Growth in Views and Subscribers." They edged out Kendrick Lamar, Naughty Boy, Passenger and Rudimental, who were nominated in the same category.
In Artist of the Year category, Eminem bested the likes of Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Nicki Minaj, One Direction, PSY, Rihanna, Taylor Swift and Epic Rap Battles of History.
South Korean girlband Girls' Generation took home Video of the Year award for the video of their "I Got a Boy". The nine girls beat other artists like Demi Lovato, Bieber, Lady GaGa, Miley Cyrus, One Direction and Selena Gomez.
Swift's hit song, "I Knew You Were Trouble", was named YouTube Phenomenon as it has become the song with "the most fan videos." Other winners are Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix, who won Response of the Year award for their version of Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive", and DeStorm, whose "See Me Standing" won the battle against Atoms for Peace's "Ingenue" and Bat for Lashes' "Lilies" in Innovation of the Year category.
The winners of inaugural YouTube Music Awards were based on YouTube subscriber video views, likes, comments, and subscriptions since September 2012. That night's event was hosted by actor/musician Jason Schwartzman and comedian/musician Reggie Watts. GaGa, Eminem, Tyler, the Creator, and Arcade Fire were featured as performers.
Serving as director was filmmaker Spike Jonze. Meanwhile, Vice Media and Sunset Lane Entertainment executive produced the show. Before closing the show, Jonze thanked YouTube "for letting us make this mess."
2013 YouTube Music Awards Winner List:
- YouTube Breakthrough (Artists with Biggest Growth in Views and Subscribers): Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Response of the Year (Best Fan Remix, Parody or Response Video): Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix - "Radioactive"
- Innovation of the Year (Creative Video Innovations with Most Views, Likes, Shares, Comments): DeStorm - "See Me Standing"
- YouTube Phenomenon (Songs that Generated Most Fan Video): Taylor Swift - "I Knew You Were Trouble"
- Video of the Year (Video with Most Fan Engagement): Girls' Generation - "I Got A Boy"
- Artist of the Year (Most Watched, Shared, Liked, and Subscribed-to Artists): Eminem