WHAT'S HOT?

'Evil Dead' Director and Writer Drop Out of Sequel

October 31, 2013 03:05:35 GMT

Writer Rodo Sayagues confirms he and director Fede Alvarez will not be involved in 'Evil Dead 2' if the project ever happens.


Jane Levy
See larger image
© TriStar Pictures

Despite his initial hope to make a second "Evil Dead" movie, director Fede Alvarez won't return for the sequel and neither will his writing partner Rodo Sayagues. "I am sorry to tell you this but that movie won't happen. 'Evil Dead 2' is not going to happen, at least not with us involved," Sayagues says.

"We left that project many months ago because we preferred to put our energies on other things," the writer continues in his interview with Gorosito.tv. "I don't know if the producers still have intentions of making it. But what I can tell you is that we are not part of that project."

Alvarez previously confirmed that Sam Raimi who directed the original "Evil Dead" trilogy would return to helm "Army of Darkness 2", a follow-up to the third entry of the classic movie series. Original actor Bruce Campbell who co-produced Alvarez's reboot is expected to reprise his role as the male lead.

Before Alvarez's exit was announced by Sayagues, there was a talk that after the release of "Evil Dead 2" and "Army of Darkness 2", the two worlds (Jane Levy's Mia and Campbell's Ash) might come together for one final installment. "I think seven is a nice number," Campbell once said.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter