Gwyneth Paltrow Takedown Article by Vanity Fair Pushing Through

October 16, 2013 07:08:58 GMT

The magazine's editor-in-chief says the Oscar-winning actress 'sort of forced my hand' to run the story.


Gwyneth Paltrow
See larger image
Photo credit: Apega/WENN

It's on...this is likely what Vanity Fair editor-in-chief Graydon Carter had in mind when he revealed that their publication would be running an article about actress Gwyneth Paltrow in what was expected to be a takedown on the Academy Award-winner. Prompting them to do the story is apparently an email sent by the Hollywood A-lister to her celebrity friends asking them not to cooperate should they be contacted by the popular magazine to ask about her.

"We started a story on her. We have a very good writer and it'll run," said Carter, referring to Vanessa Grigoriardis, who previously worked on Vanity Fair articles on pop superstar Justin Timberlake, comedian Tig Notaro and producer Megan Ellison. "Well, she sort of forced my hand," he added.

Carter said he had been compelled to do the Paltrow piece after reports came out about the supposed email where the film star claimed, "Vanity Fair is threatening to put me on the cover of their magazine." She then asked her contacts to decline any request for comments or quotes and even went further to tell them, "I recommend you all never do this magazine again."

Paltrow and other celebrities have taken issue with Vanity Fair's coverage of the issues but Carter just shrugs it off, saying, "We wouldn't be doing our job if there wasn't a little bit of tension." He stated, "Some famous people believe that they live in a cone of celebrity that protects them. But it doesn't really exist anymore in L.A. unless they stay in."

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter