September 16, 2013 08:12:10 GMT
Liam's best friend Andy Samuels, who suffers from burn to his face and body after fire broke out at the singer's house, thanks One Direction's fans for their support.
Liam Payne's best friend Andy Samuels has been released from hospital after he was injured in a fire incident at the singer's Docklands apartment earlier this month. During the incident, Liam quickly pulled out the fire and rode in an ambulance with Andy.
"My face is almost fully healed, my neck should heal. My chest, left arm and leg are still heavily damaged but every day is a step forward," Andy said of his condition. "I can walk, just about get dressed, so I am leaving the hospital. I'm going to get better at home. Can't wait to get home relax and heal. Still a long way to go," Andy said. He shared a Keek video of his hospital bed, adding that he was "on morphine" for the pain.
According to Daily Mirror, Liam visited Andy regularly when he was treated at the hospital. The owner of t-shirt company also thanked fans of One Direction who prayed for his speedy recovery. "Thank every single one of you that prayed for me I am lucky to be here and doing as well as I am and so incredibly grateful," Andy said.
Matthew Baker, Andy's stepfather, revealed how Liam saved Andy's life. "The lantern just exploded as Andy was lighting it and it took the full force of the flames. Liam helped him by beating out the flames and dousing him with water. He acted quickly and swiftly," Matthew recalled, adding, "We are so grateful to Liam because he saved his life."
The fire destroyed 80 percent of the balcony. It took 30 firefighters to extinguish the blaze.