WHAT'S HOT?

Naomi Watts Walks Out of Radio Interview After 'Diana' Questions

September 05, 2013 08:36:29 GMT

British radio host Simon Mayo says that he has no idea as to why the 'Diana' star walked out in the middle of an interview for his weekly program.


Naomi Watts
See larger image
Photo credit: Dan Jackman/WENN

"Diana" actress Naomi Watts reportedly has walked out of an interview about the biopic. British radio host Simon Mayo wrote on Twitter that Watts apparently was "uncomfortable" and left during the interview for his program "Kermode & Mayo" on BBC Radio 5.

"A first for me and @wittertainment as Naomi Watts walked out of an interview! She seemed a tad uncomfortable with the questions. Shame," Mayo wrote on September 3. In a conversation with a fellow host, he admitted that he had no idea as to why she left. "The honest answer is I have no idea.You know my hectoring style is always a problem," he answered.

Telegraph journalist Allison Pearson asked Mayo if he suggested that her latest project "might not be in best possible taste," to which he answered, "No, not at all. Didn't express any opinion. So still baffled." Mayo also said that the interview would be aired on September 13.

"Diana", which is directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel, talks about the last two years of Diana's life. Watts previously said that she was worried about Prince William and Harry's reaction to the movie. "I was a little bit torn. I do care deeply about how the princes feel, of course. I am a mom of two boys," she told U.K.'s Sunday Times.

"There was actually quite an eerie moment in London when I did see Prince William in a restaurant, and I got very nervous, because if I caught his eye, I didn't want to interpret a look and think he had a negative feeling about this idea, so I made sure not to look," the "King Kong" actress said. "There was something very intriguing about this woman's life. It was extraordinary," she added.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter