WHAT'S HOT?

Owners of 'The Conjuring' House Request Privacy Following Unwanted Attention

July 27, 2013 02:24:45 GMT

After James Wan's pic hit theaters, Norma Sutcliffe and her husband have received 'harassing phone calls', online 'threats' and uninvited guests in their yard.


Vera Farmiga
See larger image
© Warner Bros. Pictures

"The Conjuring" creates nightmares for the current residents of the Rhode Island house that has inspired James Wan's box office hit. To Woonsocket Call, Norma Sutcliffe reveals that ever since the Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga starrer opened in theaters last week, she and her husband have not "slept in days."

"Because we wake up at 2 in the morning there are people with flashlights in our yard," Sutcliffe tells the site, saying that she, in her late 60s, and her 70-year-old husband have experienced recent health problems because of it. "We don't need this. He sits up all night. He doesn't even sleep."

Sutcliffe also claims that she has received some harassing phone calls from the horror fans. "There are already threats on the Internet that 'wouldn't it be fun to break into that house?' " she adds. "Our barn is very vulnerable and there is a big story connected to the barn about supposed hangings. Can you see kids breaking in and doing a seance with candles and having it burn down?"

Despite no connection with the film in any way and no compensation from Warner Bros., she says, "All we get is the consequences. It is not our story but we are the ones who are suffering. This is affecting us physically and emotionally and I don't know how long we can take it."

"The Conjuring" tells a "true story" of the Perrons, the family that previously owned the house where Sutcliffe and her husband have lived for 25 years.

Not a believer in either haunted houses or ghosts, Sutcliffe says she has seen the movie. "I just laughed at the whole thing. I thought it was so ironically ridiculous. I thought it was an insult to the Perrons," she comments.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments

posted by Norma Sutcliffe on Apr 22, 2014
Please watch new video 2014 of our research disproving the claims of Andrea Perron and the movie Conjuring. "The Conjuring the Perron story the current owner speaks out". At History vs Hollywood. Site
posted by LazyBones on Jul 27, 2013
I feel bad for this couple. Why do people think it's fun to do this because of a stupid horror movie? I hope the fans of this movie stop soon.

Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter