WHAT'S HOT?

Frank Ocean Suffers Vocal Cord Damage, Cancels Australian Tour

July 26, 2013 09:11:08 GMT

The 'Sweet Life' singer is forced to axe the remaining dates of his Australian tour to recover from a tear to one of his vocal cords.


Frank Ocean
See larger image
Photo credit: Mats Andersson/WENN

Frank Ocean has canceled the remaining Australian tour dates. Tour promoter Live Nation announced the bad news on Thursday, July 25, saying that the 25-year-old crooner had a tear to one of his vocal chords, which might lead to permanent damage if he continued his scheduled shows.

"It was necessary to seek medical advice due to vocal issues Frank Ocean experienced during the show," the promoter said in a statement. "It has subsequently been confirmed that Frank has suffered a small tear to one of his vocal cords and has received medical advice that he must rest his voice."

"This makes completion of his remaining Australian dates impossible," the promoter added. The statement also stated that due to previous touring commitments, Ocean would be unable to reschedule the shows. "However we will be working to confirm a return to Australia as soon as is practical," the statement continued.

The canceled performance includes a headlining set at Splendour in the Grass on Sunday, July 28. The festival's organizers expressed their disappointment for Ocean's canceled performance. "We are totally gutted that Frank can't make it and we know that many of our patrons will be just as disappointed as we are," Splendour's Paul Piticco and Jessica Ducrou said.

"We do want to remind everyone that over 70 of the best acts in the world right now are still here and ready to go including our previously billed mystery band, Alt-J," they added. "Our sympathies go to Frank for his illness and also because he's about to miss the best party of the year."

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter