The musicians, who were formerly said to join Stevie Wonder's Florida boycott, say that their names have been discredited.
Earlier this week, American Urban Radio Network's April Ryan published a list of musicians who boycotted Florida in the wake of George Zimmerman's not guilty verdict. The list, which included several big names including Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z, Rihanna, was said to be revealed by a source close to Stevie Wonder.
However, some of the listed artists have denied their involvement in such campaign. Their representatives said that the source might have discredited their clients. "I don't know where this list came from," one representative said.
Timberlake and Jay-Z apparently won't take part in the action either. The duo's Legends of the Summer tour will take place as planned at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida, on Friday, August 16.
Talking to Huffington Post, Ryan insisted that she received the list from "very credible sources" who were "in support of Stevie."
Ryan has updated her original post, writing, "I obtained from multiple sources early Monday a list of artists and entertainers who my sources told me had committed to a boycott of Florida following the George Zimmerman acquittal."
"Since publishing that list I have heard from several representatives of the artists named who say, on behalf of their clients, they are uncomfortable being identified on that list and are seeking additional information," she continued.
Wonder made headlines when he announced that he wouldn't perform in Florida until the Stand Your Ground law was abolished. "As a matter of fact, wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world," he told the crowd at his concert in Quebec City last week.
The boycott came after Zimmerman, who gunned down 17-year-old unarmed Trayvon Martin in 2012, was found not guilty by a Florida jury.