July 23, 2013 03:37:39 GMT
A rep for the studio says, 'JJ is having a great time working on the script and is looking forward to going into production next year,' in response to the false report.
J.J. Abrams has just been hit with another rumor claiming that he will leave "Star Wars Episode 7". The filmmaker previously fueled the reports after he confessed to the Guardian that he was reluctant to do the production of the next "Star Wars" movie in Britain for a personal reason. Now, it is Devin Faraci of Badass Digest that ignites the rumor again.
Faraci claims that he kept "hearing tons of rumors that JJ Abrams is on the verge of dropping out of Star Wars" at the past weekend's San Diego Comic-Con and even predicts that he might jump aboard "Star Trek 3", which currently has no director yet. In response to it, Lucasfilm quickly makes an official statement.
"There is no truth to the rumor," a rep for the studio tells IGN. The Disney-owned studio continues, "JJ is having a great time working on the script and is looking forward to going into production next year."
Last May, Lucasfilm execs made an agreement with Chancellor George Osborne to bring the entire production of the latest installment to Britain. Though Abrams, who always opts for Los Angeles to shoot films, at first said that the location choice "really does make me insane," he seemed to finally have come to terms with it as he revealed his plans for the film.
"It is so massive and so important to people. I think the key to moving forward on something like this is honoring but not revering what came before," said Abrams, the co-creator of ABC's "Lost".
Penned by Michael Arndt, "Star Wars Episode 7" is scheduled to open in 2015.