WHAT'S HOT?

Placido Domingo Plans to Go Back to Work After Recovery

July 15, 2013 02:22:10 GMT

Domingo says that he is looking forward to performing on stage again after he was forced to cancel several performances because of pulmonary embolism caused by blood clot.


Placido Domingo
See larger image
Photo credit: Stefan Jeremiah/WENN

Opera singer Placido Domingo is allowed to leave hospital after being treated for a few days because of blood clot in his lung. Following the release, the singer says that he is "happy" and he is looking forward to performing on stage again.

In a statement which was released on Sunday, July 14, the singer said, "I'm very happy that I was released from the hospital yesterday and to be at home in Madrid for the next weeks with my family. At the same time I am very disappointed not to be able to perform in my home city, but hopefully if my recovery goes well and I feel healthy, I can continue with my planned performance schedule next month."

A spokesperson for Domingo, Nancy Seltzer, told Los Angeles Times that following his release from the hospital, the singer attended a dress rehearsal of Daniel Catan's "Il Postino" at Madrid's Teatro Real. He previously was forced to cancel an appearance at the opera because of his lung problems.

Seltzer added that Domingo spent his time in hospital to study "Giovanna d'Arco" because he hoped to perform in Salzburg in mid-August. She also said that the 72-year-old singer was looking forward to attending "Operalia", an opera competition which he founded to discover young talent, in Verona starting from August 19.

Domingo was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism caused by a blood clot and was admitted to a hospital in Madrid earlier this week. He is expected to get rest for three to four weeks before getting back on stage.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter