Drake and Kendrick Lamar lead the winner list with three each at the star-studded ceremony, which features a musical tribute to Lifetime Achievement Award recipient Charlie Wilson.
Chris Brown grabbed a coveted award at the 2013 BET Awards. The "Don't Judge Me" singer, who opened the show with a performance of "Don't Think They Know" along with Nicki Minaj, nabbed the Fandemonium Award for the fourth consecutive time.
Accepting the award from Dwyane Wade, he thanked his fans and gave a shout-out to Minaj. He also used the chance to tell people not to believe every rumor about him, saying, "Don't read the bull in the news, I'm a real dude."
Breezy's nemesis Drake also had a moment to steal the spotlight with his Coca-Cola Viewers' Choice Award win through his song "Started From the Bottom", though he wasn't present to collect the trophy. He edged out A$AP Rocky, whose nominated song "F---in' Problems" also features himself, Kendrick Lamar, Miguel, Rihanna and Justin Timberlake.
Losing the Viewers' Choice Award to Drizzy, A$AP Rocky didn't come home empty handed since his song "No Lie" was dubbed the Best Collaboration. His featured guests Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar had a share in this win.
That night's award presenter Wade was also honored with the Humanitarian Award. "My responsibility is to create change," the Miami Heat star said when accepting the award.
The last winner to be announced at the Sunday, June 30 ceremony was Best Movie. "Think Like a Man" starring Kevin Hart and Taraji P. Henson surprisingly won in the category, defeating such strong contenders as "Beasts of the Southern Wild" and "Django Unchained".
Other winners at the star-studded ceremony included Rihanna (Best Female R&B/Pop Artist), Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (Best Group), Nicki Minaj (Best Female Hip Hop Artist) and Kerry Washington (Best Actress). Leading the winner list were Drake and Kendrick Lamar with three apiece, while Olympic gymnast Gabrielle Douglas bagged two awards.
- Best Female R&B/Pop Artist: Rihanna
- Best Male R&B/Pop Artist: Miguel
- Best Group: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Best Collaboration: A$AP Rocky (featuring Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar) - "F---in' Problems"
- Best Male Hip Hop Artist: Kendrick Lamar
- Best Female Hip Hop Artist: Nicki Minaj
- Video of the Year: Drake - "Started From the Bottom"
- Video Director of the Year: Benny Boom
- Best New Artist: Kendrick Lamar
- Best Gospel Artist: Mary Mary
- Best Actress: Kerry Washington
- Best Actor: Jamie Foxx
- YoungStars Award: Gabrielle Douglas
- Best Movie: "Think Like a Man"
- Subway Sportswoman of the Year: Gabrielle Douglas
- Subway Sportsman of the Year: LeBron James
- Coca-Cola Viewers' Choice Award: Drake - "Started From the Bottom"
- Centric Award: Tamar Braxton - "Love and War"
- Best International Act UK: Emeli Sande
- Humanitarian Award: Dwyane Wade
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Charlie Wilson
- Fandemonium Award: Chris Brown