At the 24-hour awards show, the member of Jonas Brothers wins Best Artist Instagram while the 'Love Interruption' singer wins the Analog Genius Award.
Joe Jonas and Jack White are among the winners at O Music Awards that wrapped up on Thursday night, June 20. The 23-year-old member of Jonas Brothers took home an award as his Instagram page won the voters' hearts. "I don't think anyone has ever won an award for being on Instagram before, so it's cool to be the first one," Joe said of the achievement.
At the event, Jack defeated the likes of Beck, Daft Punk, Neil Young and Shone for the Analog Genius Award. Meanwhile, Kitty was declared the Best Web-Born Artist, and the award for the Best Music App went to CrowdSYNC. Other winners included Linkin Park, Yoko Ono and Tokio Hotel.
The awards show also sees drummer Andrew W.K. attempting to make a world record for 24-hour drum session at Oakley store. The drummer was assisted by several famous friends, including Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith, Ramones' Marky Ramones and Hanson's Zac Hanson.
"WE DID IT!!! 24 HOURS OF DRUMMING!!!" he tweeted after he set the new record. "Remember... I didn't do it, WE did it. You were with me every beat. I feel very emotional and party." It was a big night for Andrew as he also walked away with an award for Must-Follow Artist on Twitter.
Produced by networks MTV, VH1, CMT and Logo, O Music Awards kicked off on Wednesday, June 19, at 7 P.M. and ended 24 hours later. The show, which was livestreamed via omusicawards.com, featured 50 bands across New York, Nashville, and Los Angeles.
With appearances of five kittens and a goat, the awards show inspired three national trending topics and received 60 million impressions on Facebook, 125 million fan impressions on Twitter, 5,000 likes on Vine, and more than 500,000 registered livestreams.
- Fan Army FTW: "Aliens" - Tokio Hotel
- Make a Band Famous: Darling Parade
- Digital Genius Award: Yoko Ono
- Best Web-Born Artist: Kitty
- Best Interactive Music Video: "Lost in the Echo" - Linkin Park
- Our Favorite Musical Cat: Lil Bub
- Best Music App: crowdSYNC
- Analog Genius Award: Jack White
- Must-Follow Artist on Twitter: Andrew W.K.
- Too Much A** for TV: "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)" - David Bowie
- The "Friday, Friday" Award: Lip Dubs
- Best Music Hack: The Bonhamizer
- Next Big Scene: Seapunk
- Most Inspiring Fan Outreach: Avicii
- Best Artist Instagram: Joe Jonas