The talk show and the children's program bag six prizes apiece, while 'The Young and the Restless' and 'The Bold and the Beautiful' grab five each at the June 14 ceremony.
Before the 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards was kicked off on Sunday, June 16, some shows had been honored at the Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards held on Friday. Among the winners were "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and "Sesame Street", which led the pack with six apiece.
The Ellen DeGeneres-hosted talk show nabbed Outstanding Directing in a Talk Show/Morning Program and Outstanding Special Class Writing among other prizes. Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo who resigned following underage sex abuse allegations, won three through his work on the PBS children's program.
Also bagging multiple prizes were soap operas "The Young and the Restless" and "The Bold and the Beautiful", which took home five each. Both CBS daytime dramas were tied for Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Direction.
"Young and the Restless" and "Ellen DeGeneres Show" are racing to be the big winner at the ongoing 2013 Daytime Emmy Awards, which is being aired live on HLN, as they dominate the nomination list with 23 nods each. "General Hospital", "Sesame Street" and "Days of Our Lives" are also vying for prizes at the Sunday gala.
Partial list of Daytime Entertainment Creative Arts Emmy Award winners (the full list can be obtained here)
- OUTSTANDING CHILDREN'S SERIES: "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour The Series"
- OUTSTANDING NEW APPROACHES - ENHANCEMENT TO A DAYTIME PROGRAM OR SERIES: "The Ellen DeGeneres Show"
- OUTSTANDING PRE-SCHOOL CHILDREN'S SERIES: "Sesame Street"
- OUTSTANDING PROMOTIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT - INSTITUTIONAL: "The Ellen DeGeneres Show"
- OUTSTANDING PERFORMER IN A CHILDREN'S SERIES: Kevin Clash, as Elmo, "Sesame Street"
- OUTSTANDING DIRECTING IN A CHILDREN'S SERIES: "Sesame Street"
- OUTSTANDING DIRECTING IN A TALK SHOW/MORNING PROGRAM: "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and "Today"
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN LIGHTING DIRECTION: "The Ellen DeGeneres Show"
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN MAKEUP: "The Talk"
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN MAIN TITLE AND GRAPHIC DESIGN: "Sesame Street"
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN MULTIPLE CAMERA EDITING: "Sesame Street"
- OUTSTANDING WRITING IN A CHILDREN'S SERIES: "Sesame Street"