June 10, 2013 02:54:27 GMT
The 46-year-old director of 'Star Trek Into Darkness' admits that Lucasfilm's decision to shoot the next 'Star Wars' film in Britain drives him 'insane.'
Director J.J. Abrams gave more updates on his next project "Star Wars Episode 7" when attending the Produced By Conference on Saturday, June 8. The man behind the lens for recent blockbuster movie "Star Trek Into Darkness" revealed how he would deliver the upcoming ambitious project from Lucasfilm.
"It is so massive and so important to people. I think the key to moving forward on something like this is honoring but not revering what came before," said Abrams, the co-creator of ABC's "Lost". In the next "Star Wars" film, the 46-year-old filmmaker will also serve as co-producer along with Kathleen Kennedy, George Lucas and Bryan Burk.
Abrams also said that he would "most likely" move to London at the end of the year for the production, which is slated to begin in early 2014. On Lucasfilm's choice of the filming location, he commented, "It really does make me insane," considering that he's always opted for Los Angeles to shoot his films.
Disney-owned Lucasfilm reached an agreement with Chancellor George Osborne last month to film the seventh live-action installment in the "Star Wars" franchise in Britain.
Michael Arndt provides the script for "Star Wars Episode 7", which is eyeing a 2015 release.