The Trent Reznor-led rock band announces that 'Hesitation Marks', the follow-up to its 'The Slip', will arrive on September 3
Nine Inch Nails announced that its new record would arrive next September. According to the band's official Twitter account, the album entitled "Hesitation Marks"is scheduled to hit stores on September 3. "Halo twenty eight: hesitation marks. 9.03.13," tweeted the band on Wednesday, June 5.
"Hesitation Marks" is Nine Inch Nails' eighth studio album. Frontman Trent Reznor recently revealed that he worked with Alan Moulder and Atticus Ross on the follow-up to his band's 2008 album, "The Slip".
"I've been less than honest about what I've really been up to lately. For the last year I've been secretly working non-stop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly f**king great," Reznor said in a statement.
In addition to the release date announcement, Nine Inch Nails has dropped "Came Back Haunted", the first track from the forthcoming album. The track offers buzzing synthesizers with Reznor singing the chorus, "I don't believe it/ I had to see it/ I came back haunted."
Nine Inch Nails also announced they would have Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed You! Black Emperor opening "Nine Inch Nails: Tension 2013", a fall 2013 North American arena tour. The concerts will kick off on September 28 at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minneapolis. The tickets are going on sale beginning Friday, June 14.
- Sep.28 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
- Sep 30 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
- Oct 1 - St. Louis, MO - Chaifetz Arena
- Oct 3 - Montreal, QC - Centre Bell
- Oct 4 - Toronto, ON - Air Candara Centre
- Oct 5 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center
- Oct 7 - Auburn Hills, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills
- Oct 8 - Pittsburgh, PA - Petersent Events Center
- Oct 11 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
- Oct 14 - Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center
- Oct 15 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
- Oct 18 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
- Oct 19 - University Park, PA - Bryce Jordan Center
- Oct 21 - Raleight, NC - PNC Arena
- Oct 22 - Nashville, Tn - Bridgestone Arena
- Oct 24 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena
- Oct 25-27 Ashville, NC - Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Summit
- Oct 30 - Sunrise, FL - BB&T Center
- Oct 31 - Orlando, FL - Amway Center
- Nov 1-3 - New Orleasn, LA - Voodoo Festival
- Nov- 5 San Antonio, TX- AT&T Center
- Nov 8 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
- Nov 9 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
- Nov 11 - El Paso, TX - Don Haskins Center
- Nov 13 - Broomfield, CO - 1stBANK Center
- Nov 15-16 - Las Vegas NV - The Joint
- Nov 18 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
- Nov 19 - Spokane, WA - Spookane Arena
- Nov 21 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
- Nov 22 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena
- Nov 24 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
- Nov 25 - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome