Joe Francis Threatens Legal Action Over Stolen Sex Tape

June 06, 2013 03:11:27 GMT

The X-rated footage reportedly features the Girls Gone Wide founder and his 25-year-old girlfriend, Abbey Wilson.


Joe Francis
See larger image
Photo credit: Judy Eddy/WENN

Joe Francis is fuming after learning that his sex tape was stolen from his private archive and is currently being shopped around. The founder of Girls Gone Wild threatens to sue anyone who dares to release the X-rated video to public without his consent.

The "hardcore" footage reportedly features "several sexual liaisons" between Francis and 25-year-old girlfriend Abbey Wilson, who won his 'Search for the Hottest Girl in America' contest last year. TMZ reports the tape was taken from her iPad which was stolen from her bag at LAX.

Francis' lawyer, David Houston, issues a statement on behalf of the racy video supplier, "It is not only unfortunate, but it is a crime. As such, this office will take all necessary steps to determine who in fact has done this and who is attempting to distribute the video."

Houston says they have already contacted authorities, sending a strong warning to whoever trying to cash in on the stolen tape. "When we catch you, we will see that you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of both the criminal and civil laws," the lawyer says.

Ironically, Francis was once sued by a woman named Tamara Favazza for allegedly filming her topless without her consent. The woman claimed her top was pulled down when she was filming a Girls Gone WIld racy video at a bar in St. Louis. She won the case, and he's ordered to pay her $5M.

Favazza was listed as Francis' second-biggest creditor after casino mogul Steve Wynn when his GGW company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. He claimed he ran out of money after losing a multi-million judgment to the Wynn Resorts casino owner.

40-year-old Francis was sued for falsely accusing Wynn of threatening to kill Francis over a $2 million gambling debt. The Las Vegas casino honcho was seeking damages for defamation and emotional distress.

Adding to his list of troubles, Francis was recently convicted of misdemeanor counts of assault and false imprisonment. The case stemmed from a dispute with three women after he took them to his house following a night out at a Hollywood club in 2011.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter