Sylvester Stallone has taken to Twitter to give an update on his highly-anticipated project "The Expendables 3". Previously claiming that veteran Hollywood actor Steven Seagal would not be able to get attached to the project, the Barney Ross depicter in the "Expendables" films revealed that it's now possible.
"Just talked to Steven S. in Moscow," so 66-year-old Stallone wrote on his account. The Rocky depicter then unveiled the only condition for him to be able to get the Aikido-mastering actor on board the sequel to 2012's "The Expendables 2". "Sounds great and says he wants to be in 'EX3', if the part fits," he added.
If Seagal is indeed signed on, he will team up with three action stars whose appearances in the upcoming action-packed film seemingly have been confirmed by Stallone. Besides Mickey Rourke, "The Karate Kid" star Jackie Chan is said to have agreed to join the film. Wesley Snipes of "Blade: Trinity" is also reportedly added to the star-studded cast ensemble.
Stallone is confident that the upcoming feature from director Patrick Hughes will be able to surpass Iko Uwais' phenomenal film "The Raid: Redemption". "We believe we can do better than the 'RAID', which was an excellent film... Raising the bar...," he tweeted on May 15.
The film is eyeing a start date of late July-early August.