After dropping various hints on Twitter, the fab five confirm plans for an ambitious world tour next year.
British-Irish boyband One Direction will embark on a massive "Where We Are" world tour starting April next year. This was announced by the quintet on Thursday, May 16 as they revealed the thirteen tour dates of the first leg of their tour that will take them on a trek across South America, the U.K. and Ireland.
The band made the announcement during a press conference direct from the Wembley Stadium, one of the venues where they will perform in once the tour gets underway. With that stopover, One Direction stands to become the first boyband since 1989 when Bros headlined the said stadium and by the looks of it, the globally popular singing group will be able to fill the 90,000 capacity venue to the rafters.
"We have only been a band for three years and we're already doing stadiums - including Wembley," said band member Niall Horan. "It's important the fans and everyone who comes to see the show know it's going to be much bigger and [we will be playing] new songs. A completely different tour," added Harry Styles.
The new mega tour will kick off on April 25 in Bogota, Colombia before moving across Peru, Paraguay, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil. The teen heartthrobs will then head back north for their Ireland and Britain shows, with more cities to be added, particularly their U.S. tour dates.
One Direction's 2014 "Where We Are" Stadium Tour Dates:
- April 25, 2014: Bogata, Colombia (Estadio El Campin)
- April 27, 2014: Lima, Peru (Estadio Nacional)
- April 29, 2014: Asuncion, Paraguay (Jockey Club)
- May 01, 2014: Santiago, Chile (Estadio Nacional)
- May 03, 2014: Buenos Aires, Argentina (Velez)
- May 06, 2014: Montevideo, Uruguay (Estadio Centenario)
- May 08, 2014: Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (Apoteose)
- May 10, 2014: Sao Paulo, Brazil (Palmeiras Arena)
- May 25, 2014: Dublin (Croke Park)
- May 28, 2014: Sunderland, U.K. (Stadium Of Light)
- May 31, 2014: Manchester, U.K. (Etihad)
- June 03, 2014: Edinburgh, U.K. (Murrayfield)
- June 07, 2014: London, U.K. (Wembley)