May 07, 2013 07:18:31 GMT
Dan Anderson of the Los Angeles County Coroner's office revealed that the King of Pop's body contained a large amount of propofol and other drugs when he died.
Toxycologist from Los Angeles County coroner's office, Dan Anderson, served as the witness in Michael Jackson's wrongful death trial on Monday, May 6. Anderson revealed that Jackson, who died from propofol overdose, was also tested positive for lidocaine, nordiazepam, lorazepam, midazolam and diazepam.
However, it was the propofol that raised "a red flag" in Anderson's eyes. The toxycologist mentioned that the propofol in the singer's body was an amount "consistent to major surgery with anaesthesia." Jackson family's lawyer, Michael Korskoff, went on asking Anderson, "After you heard from investigators that propofol was found in the home, what do you think?"
"Propofol collected as evidence, it's highly unusual," he replied. "It's very problematic if it's found outside the hospital setting." Anderson said that he found no alcohol and marijuana in the late King of Pop's body.
Jackson died at his Holmby Mansion after his personal doctor, Conrad Murray, administered the anaesthetic propofol to help him sleep. Jackson's mother, Katherine Jackson, filed the wrongful death suit against AEG Live, accusing the promoters behind her son's "This Is It" gigs of ignoring Jakcson's life-threatening health concerns and failing to investigate Murray.
The trial started last week with Richard Senneff, a paramedic who tried to save Jackson's life before he was pronounced dead, testifying that Jackson looked like a chronically ill patient to him. The paramedic told jury that Jackson had stopped breathing long before help arrived to the house.