Tom Hiddleston, meanwhile, takes the Best Villain prize for his portrayal of Loki in the superhero ensemble movie.
The 2013 MTV Movie Awards has wrapped up after announcing the winner of Movie of the Year. Brad Pitt was on hand to announce the last award of the night, which went to Marvel's "The Avengers".
Director Joss Whedon and the cast accepted the Golden Popcorn, saying they were "Biebered" to be there accepting the award. Thanking his family, the cast and the crew of the movie, he took the chance to announce that "The Avengers 2" would come out in 2015.
The coveted Movie of the Year was the third win for the superhero ensemble flick. Earlier at the ceremony, the cast including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Tom Hiddleston shared the Best Fight gong.
Hiddleston also took the stage solo when he's named the Best Villain, which was presented by Quvenzhane Wallis and Chloe Moretz. The Loki depicter thanked Whedon whom he called "beautiful bada**," gave a shout-out to his co-stars, including Ruffalo who smacked "him like a rag doll" as the Hulk.
Also winning multiple prizes at the April 14 event was "Silver Linings Playbook". Bradley Cooper won the Best Male Performance for his role as a man with bipolar disorder. He came onstage the second time as he and Jennifer Lawrence won the Best Kiss. The Oscar-winning actress wasn't in attendance, but he said "she was great to kiss."
"Pitch Perfect" also nabbed two prizes, Best Musical Moment and Breakthrough Performance, the latter of which for Rebel Wilson who served as the host at the show. Wilson got a kiss from Zac Efron when accepting the award. Earlier that night, the "Pitch Perfect" cast reunited on stage to deliver a musical number.
Other winners at the 22nd annual event included Taylor Lautner (Best Shirtless Performance), Jamie Foxx & Samuel L. Jackson (Best WTF Moment), and Bilbo Baggins of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" (Best Hero). Foxx was also presented with Generation Award.
Additionally, Emma Watson and Will Ferrell were honored with Trailblazer Award and Comedic Genius respectively. Watson was emotional when accepting the award, while Aubrey Plaza crashed the stage as she tried to steal the Golden Popcorn from Ferrell, who was dressed in a dollar-covered suit.
The ceremony ended without announcing the winners of Best Female Performance, Best Scared as S*** performance and Best On-Screen Duo.
- Movie of the Year: "The Avengers"
- Best Male Performance: Bradley Cooper - "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Breakthrough Performance: Rebel Wilson - "Pitch Perfect"
- Best Shirtless Performance: Taylor Lautner - "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II"
- Best Fight: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner vs. Tom Hiddleston - "The Avengers"
- Best Kiss: Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper - "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Best WTF Moment: Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson - "Candieland Gets Smoked" in "Django Unchained"
- Best Villain: Tom Hiddleston - "The Avengers"
- Best Musical Moment: Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Anna Camp, Brittany Snow, Alexis Knapp, Ester Dean and Hana Mae Lee - "Pitch Perfect"
- Best Hero: Bilbo Baggins - "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"
- Generation Award: Jamie Foxx
- Comedic Genius: Will Ferrell
- Trailblazer Award: Emma Watson