Fede Alvarez, the director of 'Evil Dead', shares his intention to combine both horror films for a seventh installment.
"The Evil Dead" film series might end after seventh installments. Fede Alvares, who serves behind the lens for the "Evil Dead" reboot, revealed his vision for the horror film franchise on the WonderCon stage in Anaheim, California.
Alvares initially took to the stage to promote "Evil Dead" with original franchise star Bruce Campbell and cast members Lou Taylor Pucci, Shiloh Fernandez, Jessica Lucas and Jane Levy. After discussing his idea, the Uruguayan filmmaker then admitted that he had ultimate plans for the franchise.
Alvares hopes to make a sequel to "Evil Dead" while Sam Raimi moves forward with "Army of Darkness 2". After the release of both films, the two worlds would come together for one final installment. "I think seven is a nice number," Campbell jokingly commented.
Campbell revealed that the 35-year-old director was very obsessed with the franchise. "You can tell an 'Evil Dead' fan is a real 'Evil Dead' fan because they won't f**ing shut up about it," he said.
Sam Raimi once made a statement that he intended to work on the "Evil Dead 4" script with his brother Ivan Raimi. The two previously teamed up for 1992's "Army of Darkness" and 2009's "Drag Me to Hell". "My brother and I plan to work on the [Evil Dead 4] script this summer," he said.
However, producer Robert G. Tapert later clarified that the upcoming project Raimi talked about was actually "Army of Darkness 2", not the "Evil Dead 4". "Everybody calls it 'Evil Dead 4' but 'Army of Darkness' wasn't called 'Evil Dead' anywhere except by the fans," he explained.
"The Evil Dead" film franchise started in 1981 with the movie directed by Sam Raimi. Campbell has directed a remake of the cult-hit horror film, with Raimi joining Campbell and Robert Tapert in producing team. The upcoming R-rated thriller is set to hit U.S theaters on April 5.