FOX Plans 'Shogun' Remake and O.J. Simpson Trial Drama


FOX Plans 'Shogun' Remake and O.J. Simpson Trial Drama


The two projects are listed in the 'event-series' productions, joining previously announced 'Wayward Pines' and 'Blood Brothers'.

FOX announced on Wednesday, March 20 that it had started development on two long-form projects included in the network's "event-series" productions. After Shyamalan's "Wayward Pines" and McKenna's "Blood Brothers", the network revealed that "Shogun" and "The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson" would be its next most-anticipated projects.

Based on James Clavell's novel of the same name, "Shogun" follows the story of English adventurer John Blackthorne who rises to be samurai in Japan and falls in love with Japanese leader Toranaga's wife Lady Moriko. "The Social Network" producer Michael De Luca and "Elizabeth I" writer Nigel William will serve as the producers of the series. Before FOX, the novel was previously adapted by NBC as an Emmy-winning 1980 miniseries featuring Richard Chamberlain.

Written by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski, "The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson" focuses on behind the scenes of O.J. Simpson's murder trial back in the '90s, "driven by the nonstop plot of the courtroom thriller and presenting the story of the trial as it has never been told." "The Hunger Games" producer Nina Jacobson and "World War Z" producer Brad Simpson are on board the project.

"These are both epic stories - one fiction, one fact - that have captivated millions of people worldwide. They're riveting and emotional, with unique historic backdrops that lend themselves to the high-quality, dramatic event series we're looking to make," says Shana C. Waterman, Senior Vice President, Event Series & Multi-Platform Programming, Fox Broadcasting Company.

"Since we announced our first two projects, 'Wayward Pines' and 'Blood Brothers', we've received an overwhelmingly positive response from the creative community, and we're ecstatic to have feature talent like Michael De Luca, Nigel Williams, Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson working to bring these stories to life at FOX," she continues.

FOX will confirm the fate of these various event series later this season with the aim to launch them in 2014.

© AceShowbiz.com


MORE FROM NEWS

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

   

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Spotted on Rare Outing With Their Kids
  2. Does Sebastian Stan Tease His Return as Winter Soldier in 'Avengers: Infinity War'?
  3. Sasheer Zamata Quits 'SNL' After Four Seasons
  4. Mariah Carey Flashes Skimpy Thong at Dinner With Twins Moroccan and Monroe
  5. Angelina Jolie Is Ready to Move Into New $25M Mansion After Brad Pitt Split
  6. Russell Wilson Calls Himself 'Papa' in Sweet Birthday Message for Ciara's Son Future Jr.
  7. 'Mamma Mia!' Sequel 'Here We Go Again!' Is in the Works
  8. First Photo of Alden Ehrenreich as Young Han Solo Arrives
  9. Stone-Faced Kanye West Steps Out for Dinner Without Kim Kardashian Amid Split Rumors
  10. 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson

CELEBS PHOTO