WHAT'S HOT?

Akon Sued for Allegedly Injuring a Concert Staff

February 26, 2013 08:54:46 GMT

The 'Right Now' singer is facing another lawsuit because his dangerous dive from the stage reportedly causes permanent disability to a concert staff.


Akon
See larger image
Photo credit: FayesVision/WENN

Akon's dive at the Alabama's BayFest music festival in 2009 allegedly caused permanent injuries to a concert staff, Matthew Graham. The man said that the singer landed on top of him and caused permanent knee, head, and back injury. Graham brought both Akon and BayFest, Inc. to the court. He demanded unspecified compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, mental anguish, as well as physical pain.

Graham said that Akon "negligently or wantonly leapt into the overcrowded mass of concert goers." The dangerous dive left Graham with physical disability. Graham's lawyer, Tyler Mann, said, "We hope to achieve fair and adequate compensation for what occurred to him."

In 2007, Akon was faced with an incident related to the audience. The singer was performing in New York when a member of audience threw him an object. Akon lost his temper and asked security guard to get the person on stage only to throw the fan out of stage, literally. The incident was investigated by the police and Akon was charged with endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree harassment.

Earlier this week, Akon was sued by a company called Atlanta Business Video. It was said that the singer hired the company in 2011 to edit video for "Fantrace". The company sued him for $127,000 because they claimed that they had been working for 1,023 hours without receiving payment.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter