'Silver Linings' leads the pack with four prizes in total, while the James Bond film and the Iran hostage movie bag three and two gongs respectively.
The Hollywood awards season gets even hotter as the 18th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards announced its full winners on Thursday evening, January 10. Becoming the biggest winner of the night, David O. Russell's dramedy "Silver Linings Playbook" successfully collected a total of four awards.
Though losing to Ben Affleck's "Argo" in claiming the top Best Picture prize, "Silver Linings" pocketed Best Acting Ensemble gong as well as Best Comedy Movie trophies. Its leads Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper won Best Actress and Actor awards respectively for the comedy category.
Upon accepting his award, Cooper gushed, "You're looking at a very lucky man. I got to work with such great comedians since I started... and then I got to work in this movie..." He added, "In my life dramatic situations have had a lot of comedy in them. And Jennifer Lawrence, she is something else."
Affleck, who got snubbed from Best Director category at the Oscars, claimed victory on the night as "Argo" took in 2 awards for Best Picture and Best Director. Joking on his Oscar snub when receiving his prize, Affleck said, "I would like to thank the Academy. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. This is the one that counts. It's very very cool for me... there was a time that a Ben Affleck critics award was a 'Saturday Night Live' sketch."
Another big winner during the night was "Skyfall" which bagged three trophies for Best Action Movie, Best Song for Adele, and Best Actor in Action Movie for Daniel Craig. Best Actress in Action Movie, meanwhile, was claimed by Lawrence thanks to "The Hunger Games". She gushed, "This means so much. That movie -- it was such a powerful character."
This year's Critics' Choice Movie Awards was hosted by Sam Rubin. Presenters for the night included Nina Dobrev, Ray Liotta, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Melissa Leo, Eva Longoria, Jaime King, Cory Monteith, Rob Riggle, Emmy Rossum, Ian Somerhalder, Octavia Spencer and Paul Wesley.
2013 Critics' Choice Movie Winners:
- Best Picture: "Argo"
- Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis - "Lincoln"
- Best Actress: Jessica Chastain - "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)"
- Best Supporting Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman - "The Master"
- Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway - "Les Miserables"
- Best Director: Ben Affleck - "Argo"
- Best Action Movie: "Skyfall"
- Best Actor in an Action Movie: Daniel Craig - "Skyfall"
- Best Actress in an Action Movie: Jennifer Lawrence - "The Hunger Games"
- Best Comedy Movie: "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Best Actor in a Comedy: Bradley Cooper - "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Best Actress in a Comedy: Jennifer Lawrence - "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Best Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino - "Django Unchained"
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Tony Kushner - "Lincoln"
- Best Acting Ensemble: "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Best Young Actor/Actress: Quvenzhane Wallis - "Beasts of the Southern Wild"
- Best Foreign Language Film: "Amour"
- The Critics' Choice Louis XIII Genius Award: Judd Apatow
- Best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie: "Looper"
- Best Cinematography: "Life of Pi" - Claudio Miranda
- Best Art Direction: "Anna Karenina" - Sarah Greenwood/Production Designer, Katie Spencer/Set Decorator
- Best Editing: "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" - William Goldenberg, Dylan Tichenor
- Best Costume Design: "Anna Karenina" - Jacqueline Durran
- Best Makeup: "Cloud Atlas"
- Best Visual Effects: "Life of Pi"
- Favorite Film Franchise (Fan Voted): "The Twilight Saga"
- Best Animated Feature: "Wreck-It Ralph"
- Best Documentary Feature: "Searching for Sugar Man"
- Best Song: "Skyfall" - performed by Adele for "Skyfall"
- Best Score: "Lincoln" - John Williams