The band will break their silence and return on stage for a series of spring tour dates next year starting in the U.K. on March 24.
The Black Crowes are set to end their three-year hiatus from the music scene with a series of tour dates starting spring of next year. The band made their announcement on their official website which showed the complete list of concert dates for 2013. The Southern rockers will first arrive in Manchester in the U.K. on March 24 and will kick off their U.S. tour on April 2 in Port Chester, New York.
The tour has been dubbed "Lay Down with Number 13" trek and will take band members Chris Robinson, Steve Gorman, Rich Robinson, Adam Macdougall and Sven Pipien to other key cities in the states such as Chicago, Detroit, Boston, Dallas, and Washington. They will be joined by Jackie Greene on guitar and vocals.
The band will also have a new live release set to accompany their world tour dates. Titled "Wiser for the Time", the live album takes recordings from the Crowes' five-night residency performance at New York's Best Buy Theatre in late 2010. It will be released on vinyl and digital format a week before the band kick off their first tour date.
The Black Crowes took their music break after their 20th anniversary in 2010 and the release of their last LP, "Croweology". They will close out their spring road show on May 4 in New Orleans. Tickets for the concert will go on sale starting January 11, 2013.
The Black Crowes 2013 tour dates:
- Mar. 24: Manchester, U.K. - Manchester Academy
- Mar. 25: Birmingham, U.K. - O2 Academy
- Mar. 27: Glasgow, U.K. - O2 Academy
- Mar. 29: London - The HMV Forum
- Mar. 30: London - The HMV Forum
- Apr. 02: Port Chester, N.Y. - The Capitol Theater
- Apr. 03: Port Chester, N.Y. - The Capitol Theater
- Apr. 05: New York - Terminal 5
- Apr. 06: New York - Terminal 5
- Apr. 08: Washington, D.C. - 9:30 Club
- Apr. 09: Washington, D.C. - 9:30 Club
- Apr. 11: Boston - House of Blues
- Apr. 12: Philadelphia - Electric Factory
- Apr. 14: Detroit - The Fillmore Detroit
- Apr. 16: Chicago - The Vic
- Apr. 17: Chicago - The Vic
- Apr. 19: St. Louis - The Pageant
- Apr. 20: Nashville, Tenn. - Ryman Auditorium
- Apr. 21: Nashville, Tenn. - Ryman Auditorium
- Apr. 23: Atlanta - The Tabernacle
- Apr. 25: Dallas - House of Blues
- Apr. 27: Austin, Texas - Stubb's Waller Creek Amphitheater
- Apr. 28: Houston - House of Blues
- Apr. 30: St. Petersburg, Fla. - The Mahaffey
- May 01: Lake Buena Vista, Fla. - House of Blues
- May 04: New Orleans, LA - Mahalia Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts