December 22, 2012 18:59:05 GMT
The CEO of AllGood Entertainment, Patrick Allocco, said previously that he was held captive for almost two months because Nas did not show up at a gig.
A concert promoter filed a lawsuit against rapper Nas on Friday, December 19, asking for $10 million. Patrick Allocco claimed in his lawsuit that Nas' no-show at a concert in Angola had resulted in him being kidnapped and tortured a year ago.
Alloco, the CEO of AllGood Entertainment, revealed in January that he and his son were kidnapped by hired "hencemen" working for a local "concert impresario" named Henrique "Riquhino" Miguel who sponsored the New Year's Eve gig. And when Nas and supporting act Jemiah Jai failed to show up, Miguel wanted his money back.
Alloco also said that Nas and Jai took a pay check of $315,000 in total. "The hope is that Nas and Jemiah Jai will return all of the monies that were wired to them immediately so that our ransom may be paid and our safe return to the United States may be facilitated," his people said at that time. Nas and Jai did eventually repay the money.
In the lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, Alloco said he was held captive for 50 days, beaten and threatened constantly. He wanted Nas to pay $10 million in compensation for his loss of business and home as a result of his kidnapping as well as for psychological and physical damage. The court papers also mentioned that Nas was in Miami to attend a NYE engagement party at the home of basketball star LeBron James.