December 22, 2012 05:18:55 GMT
Latest report suggests that the deals for the cast have been cloed after 'an 11th hour turnaround of Jason Segel who was set on bailing.'
Good news has been shared for fans of CBS' comedy "How I Met Your Mother". Deadline breaks the news that the sitcom has secured its 9th season order, though the network and the studio remain tight-lipped about the happy news until now.
The decision reportedly was made during the last minutes after Jason Segel planned to depart from the series. Deadline said that "the cast deals closed after hard work by agents and managers and lawyers and executives and after an 11th hour turnaround of Jason Segel who was set on bailing."
The popular comedy is actually on its last year of contract with CBS. The deals with the cast members, as well as creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays were also set to end this season. Thomas and Bays had requested to make a decision by the end of December. As the fate of the show remained unclear, it was said that Segel wanted to bail out while everyone else wanted to continue the series.
A source said that Segel "decided to bail and leave the cast hangung" because his film career is rockecting now. However, it was reported that the actor "just got turned around today at the last second. The show was literally dead."
CBS has been very keen on bringing "HIMYM" for a new season. Its Entertainment President, Nina Tassler, once said, "We want the show to come back next year." Just last week, Bays spoke to TVLine, revealing that everyone was "right in the middle of white-knuckled, nail-biting," but stressing, "We're all very confident it will work out."