December 08, 2012 05:51:41 GMT
Kim says the white cat died while in the care of Khloe Kardashian's assistant due to stomach problem that they were not aware of.
It's just three months ago when Kim Kardashian got a collective "awww" when she took home a cute snow-white kitten Mercy, but now the adorable cat has just died. "It is with deep sadness that I have to tell you all that my kitten, Mercy, has passed away. My heart is completely broken," she announced the sad news on her new blog post.
Kim found out she's allergic to cat after she got Mercy. "I had never lived with a cat before and so I had no idea that I was allergic. I thought that it might pass, but after a few weeks I decided to go visit two separate allergists, one of whom said my allergies wouldn't get any better unless I started taking injections," she explained.
"I had fallen SO in love with Mercy that I wanted to try everything I could to keep her, but I didn't think it was safe to resort to injections, and it wasn't fair on Mercy, because I couldn't play with her or give her as much attention as I wanted to. Mercy deserved a mom who could really give her the time and affection she deserved."
The reality TV star then gave Mercy to Khloe Kardashian's assistant who just lost her own cat. A couple weeks later, Mercy got very sick due to "a stomach problem that we weren't aware of." Kim said, "Her stomach had filled with fluid and the doctor said she had a rare stomach cancer and that there was nothing we could do for her."
"Poor little Mercy died the very next day. It broke not only my heart that little Mercy died at only four months old, but Sydney's too," the 32-year-old TV star concluded. "Mercy was a gentle and loving kitten and we are all going to miss her so much. Thanks to Sydney for making Mercy's short life one filled with love."
According to E! News, the cat died of "a cancer-like virus often associated with breeding."