November 23, 2012 16:37:25 GMT
The 'Iron Man' star and wife of two years Michelle Ghent will split stuff such as money and move on from their bitter relationship.
Terrence Howard and second wife Michelle Ghent are keen on putting their bitter divorce behind. The former couple has agreed on a settlement that will end their marriage for good. TMZ reported that they will divide properties and money.
The deal that was signed on August 16 will also see Howard no longer under restraining order per next week. Ghent filed the order last year after making claims that he physically abused her only one week after their January 2010 wedding.
Ghent filed for divorce from the "Iron Man" actor just a few days after they celebrated their first wedding anniversary. She said he chipped her tooth with his wedding ring, threatened to throw her off a balcony and threw her down to the ground in a parking lot.
On the other hand, Howard accused her of being a loathsome racist. He also said Ghent threatened to damage his reputation by releasing "private materials to 3rd parties for her own personal financial gain". The actor said in a statement, "I live in constant fear of Michelle's endeavors to ruin my reputation; even providing this declaration may well lead to my being subjected to a paparazzi blitz which would not be good for my career."
Howard was previously married to Lori McCommas, the mother of his three children, for 14 years before they divorced.