'The movie is going to continue four years from the attack on Chicago,' Bay says, referring to the events in 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon'.
Now that "Transformers 4" has found its leading man in Mark Wahlberg, speculations about the plot of the movie start swirling as well. Giving a tidbit about details of the upcoming autobot war film, director Michael Bay hints that the movie will likely be related to its predecessor "Transformers: Dark of the Moon".
Speaking to TMZ during a live show for the site, the 47-year-old filmmaker dishes, "The movie is going to continue four years from the attack on Chicago, which was in the last movie." He goes on, "It's going to have the same lineage, but it's going in a full new direction."
"It actually feels very natural how it's going in that direction," he continues without revealing details of the new lead character to be portrayed by Wahlberg. "We're doing a lot of things that are really going to make it fresh and feel new," he promises.
As reported a few days ago, Bay finally decided to cast the "Ted" star though he previously denied the actor's involvement in "T4". Announcing the news on his site, Bay wrote, "Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on 'Pain and Gain' and I'm so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers' legacy."
Though "T4" would involve a brand new set of cast members, Bay repeatedly insisted that the movie's not a reboot. "It's not a reboot, that's maybe wrong," he once said. "I don't want to say reboot because then people will think we're doing a 'Spider-Man' and starting from the beginning. We're not. We're taking the story that you've seen - the story we've told in three movies already - and we're taking it in a new direction."
The fourth "Transformers" movie will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on June 26, 2014.