The actress claimed she was not driving the Porsche that hit an 18-wheeler back in June but witnesses said otherwise.
Lindsay Lohan could go back to jail for "a long, long time". The troubled actress may be charged for obstruction of justice after lying to cops about the June 8 accident where her Porsche rear-ended an 18 wheeler on a coastal highway near Los Angeles.
Lohan told enforcement officials that she was not behind the wheels when the accident happened. She was traveling with a male companion at that time. However, her statement was not backed up by the witnesses and her own claim that the accident happened because she was cut off by the semi-truck and when she tried to stop her rented car, the brakes didn't work.
Per TMZ, the case is going to be filed as a misdemeanor as early as this week by Santa Monica City Attorney. This is particularly a bad news for Lohan who is still on probation over a jewelry theft in 2011. The judge could see this as a probation violation.
The wheeler's driver previously told reporters that Lohan tried to bribe him as soon as the collision happened. The actress strongly denied this through her representative Steve Honig, saying "It seems to me once he realized he wasn't going to get anything from Lindsay he decided to get cash by telling tales to the tabloids. I hope he got whatever money he was looking for."
The truck driver hired a lawyer to take the matter to court, stating he was injured in the accident.