The multi-talented rapper shares some of his deep thoughts during an intimate listening party for his new album.
Rapper T.I. did not fail to impress his eager listeners as he previewed songs from his upcoming eight studio album, "Trouble Man". The intimate event happened last October 23 at Germano Studios in New York City with attendees including Atlantic Records label executives, wife Tameka "Tiny" Harris, comedian Lil Duval, and a crowd of writers.
During the listening party, T.I. was sentimental and reflective about his life and music career. After his time in prison in August 2011, T.I. was determined to bring out his creative juices once again and appeared on remixes for Jay-Z and Kanye West. He was also in a writing spree, penning 86 tracks for "Trouble Man".
"One thing about my life that is certain is trouble. I shall embrace it," said the actor and author to his album preview guests. "Trouble Man" showcases T.I. as who he once was and is becoming, by speaking on both the good and bad that got him to where he is now. "To expect for me to be one-sided is to expect me to be one-dimensional," he added.
"Trouble Man" features 12 tracks and is partly inspired by Marvin Gaye's 1972 song of the same name. T.I. teams up with other big names including Cee-Lo Green, Kendrick Lamar, Andre Benjamin a.k.a Andre 3000, A$AP Rocky, B.o.B and R. Kelly, who lent his musical talents for the title track.
Though the 12-track listing for "Trouble Man" was revealed, the final tracklist is yet to be confirmed. The album is scheduled for release on December 18, under Atlantic Records and T.I.'s own label, Grand Hustle.
"Trouble Man" tracklist:
- "Somebody I Used to Know" feat. B.o.B and Kendrick Lamar (prod by Keno)
- "Ball" feat. Lil Wayne
- "Trap Back Jumpin'" (produced by DJ Toomp)
- "Wild Side" feat. A$AP Rocky (produced by No I.D.)
- "Trouble Man" feat. R. Kelly (produced by DJ Monte)
- "Guns N Roses" feat. Pink (produced by T-Minus)
- "Sorry" feat. Andre Benjamin (produced by Jazze Pha)
- "Hello" feat. Cee-Lo Green (produced by Pharrell)
- "Who Wants Some" (produced by DJ Toomp)
- "Address" (produced by T-Minus)
- "How Wonderful Life Is" feat. Akon (produced by Sanchez)