WHAT'S HOT?

Lindsay Lohan Cleared From Manhattan Hit and Run Case

October 22, 2012 17:54:55 GMT

Prosecutors have decided not to pursue the case filed by Jose Rodriguez, saying the 'victim' did not appear to be struck by Lohan's car.


Lindsay Lohan
See larger image
Photo credit: Mr Blue/WENN

While her family problem is still dominating the headlines, Lindsay Lohan at least receives one good news. Manhattan prosecutors have announced that they will not pursue the hit and run case against the actress, which was filed by a pedestrian named Jose Rodriguez.

Back in September, Rodriguez claimed Lohan hit him with her car as she was heading to a luxury Manhattan hotel, Dream Downtown. He said he "saw this car come real quick and hit me," adding "I was in so much pain. I fell to the side." A surveillance tape that captured the alleged incident contradicted his story. The 34-year-old was instead seen chasing the car in attempt to take photographs.

The prosecutors seemed to agree with the evidence but the DA office has not announced that they decline to prosecute. The October 23 court date has been canceled with no subsequent date on schedule, meaning the case is most likely dropped.

Lohan was previously cleared of another hit and run case involving a nightclub manager in California. The "Mean Girls" star once said that she considered suing the people who have been making these claims. "I'm tired of people lying just to score a quick paycheck," she told TMZ. She planned to sue Rodriguez because his accusation could jeopardize her jewelry theft probation and led her to lose her job.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter