October 09, 2012 02:50:33 GMT
The host of 'The View' says she tried to reach out to Nicki's team but got no answer, adding that she understands why Mariah hired extra security after the intense catfight on 'American Idol'.
Barbara Walters responded to Nicki Minaj's angry tweets following her interview with Mariah Carey on "The View" recently. The femcee accused Barbara of failing to present fair story from both sides regarding the "American Idol" feud, but the host said it's not true.
"Barbara Walters didn't reach out from our team barbz. I guess we're too dangerous. Don't shake if you don't wannA get shook. LmAooooooooooo," Nicki told her Twitter followers. In response, Barbara said she did reach out to the Young Money rapper but haven't got any response so far.
"Well, we did," the TV host said on her talk show post the interview with Mariah. "Even on the air, at that moment. I didn't have her home phone. And we did. We said, 'Please call us! Have your representative call us. We'll do whatever you want.' We did it live on the air."
Barbara defended Mariah for tightening her security guards. "She said she is very concerned. She's with her twins. She doesn't feel that anything would happen, but Nicki is unpredictable and Mariah says she can't take a chance and has hired extra security," the host explained.
"Nicki has not apologized, but they were together in meetings ... during which Nicki said, 'I love you, but we might fight again!' Mariah said at this point she doesn't feel comfortable emotionally but she will continue with the show because she loves mentoring the contestants."
Regardless, Barbara understood why Nicki was upset. "This is not pleasant for either woman," she said. She was not upset with the female rapper and the invitation would still stand for the MC if she wanted to speak out on the show. "We have no personal ax to grind, does that do it?" she said.
In a new separate interview, Mariah's husband, Nick Cannon, believed the situation was blown out of portion. "It's sensationalism, it's theatrics," he told "Extra" when having a day out with his family over the weekend. To ET, he stated, "It's drama. I mean, I'm pretty sure the FOX network is happy." He hoped the show kept its focus on the contestants instead of the feud, "Ryan, get it together. You're supposed to be the police, too."
Ryan Seacrest himself has addressed the intense showdown between the two female judges on his radio show, "These are all very different individuals with different perspective and different opinion that provide for interesting conversation and dialogue and feedback for the contestants. Each one of those members of the panel this year is an essential ingredient to the sum of the show."