September 28, 2012 18:47:26 GMT
A spokesman for St James' Palace said the Royals have decided not to file a complaint against The Sun because it would distract Harry.
The Royal Family won't bother to put up a legal fight against the publication of Prince Harry's naked pics. The Palace thought that suing The Sun, which published the photos of Harry's naked romp with girls in a hotel room last month, will only be a distraction for the prince.
"We remain of the opinion that a hotel room is a private space where its occupants would have a reasonable expectation of privacy," the Royals said in a statement. "Prince Harry is currently focused entirely on his deployment in Afghanistan, so to pursue a complaint relating to his private life would not be appropriate at this time and would prove to be a distraction."
The spokesman for St James' Palace added, "Having considered the matter now for a number of weeks, we have decided not to pursue a complaint with the PCC on behalf of Prince Harry in respect of the photos of the prince taken in Las Vegas."
Press Complaints Commission itself had received thousands of complaints about the publication of the photos. However, PCC said last month that they decided not to investigate into the matter because they had not received a complaint from the parties involved.