It's official, Chuck Norris will not join his fellow action veterans in "The Expendables 3". The actor playing Booker in "The Expendables 2" revealed his departure when interviewed by Access Hollywood during a recent premiere event for the star-studded actioner.
When asked if he would return to the follow-up film, Chuck, who was accompanied by his wife Gena O'Kelley and children, responded, "Nope. Just number 2." He stated, "This is it for me. Oh, yeah. This is very special."
Still, Chuck gushed that he had an exciting experience while working on "The Expendables" sequel. "Just to be able to do the film with guys I've known for many, many years. To get in and fight with them, it was a lot of fun," he said.
He also shared that he was happy to have worked with Terry Crews and Jason Statham. "Plus getting a chance to meet Terry Crews, who I hadn't met before. And Jason Statham, whom I hadn't met before. It was just to do that."
Upon joining the "Expendables 2", Chuck demanded the producer to tone down the "vulgar dialogue in the screenplay" to secure a PG-13 rating. "For this reason, many young people wouldn't be able to watch this. But I don't play in movies like this," so he told Polish site Gazeta earlier this year. The film gets rated R after all and Chuck still takes part in it.
Released last Friday, August 17, "The Expendables 2" claimed the top spot on the North American box office by taking in $28.6 million in its debut week.