August 06, 2012 09:01:30 GMT
The Harry Dunne depicter also says that Jim Carrey is still interested to return to the sequel, which has now been scheduled to begin the production in 2013.
"Dumb and Dumber 2" is not dead just yet, Jeff Daniels has stated. The Harry Dunne depicter revealed that the long-gestating sequel to his and Jim Carrey's 1994 comedy film was expected to go back in the saddle and projected to begin its production sometime in 2013.
Sharing the good news to Daily Star, Daniels added that the untitled Dumb and Dumber sequel was still finalizing its script. "We almost were able to kinda get it done this year, but they're still working on the script," he said. "Jim wants to do it. I want to do it and The Farrelly's want to do it. We're all hoping that'll come together early next year."
Previously, it was reported that the "Dumb and Dumber" sequel was scrapped since Carrey decided to bow out of the project. "I would have thought Dumb And Dumber Two was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title," Carrey's rep told ET in June.
According to insiders, the actor thought New Line and Warner Brothers showed lack of interest in developing the sequel. It could be the result of Farrelly Brothers' "The Three Stooges" which grossed a disappointing $43 million income worldwide.
The "Dumb and Dumber 2" project was first announced in April. At that time, director Peter Farrelly announced that the film would kick off shooting in September with both Carrey and Daniels returning as Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne respectively.
The first "Dumb and Dumber" followed the adventure of Lloyd and Harry, two good-natured but incredibly moronic friends. The comedy movie successfully grossed $127.1 million domestically and $247.2 million worldwide.
Carrey will next be seen starring opposite Steve Carell in "Burt Wonderstone". Daniels, on the other hand, is currently starring on HBO's "The Newsroom" from Oscar-winning scribe Aaron Sorkin.