Cuba Gooding Jr. Misdemeanor Battery Charges Officially Dropped


Cuba Gooding Jr.


The bartender-shoving case that involves the 'American Gangster' actor has been dismissed after an arraignment hearing on Friday.

Cuba Gooding Jr. has officially been freed from the misdemeanor battery charges stemming from an alleged altercation in a New Orleans bar earlier this week. The 44-year-old actor was initially accused of shoving a female bartender of Old Absinthe House.

In an arraignment hearing on Friday, August 3, no one pressed charges so the city decided to dismiss the case altogether. The hearing lasted briefly, and Gooding did not appear before Judge Sean Early. "This ends the case," city spokesperson Ryan Berni said.

An arrest warrant for Gooding was issued shortly after the ruckus in the bar, but it was lifted after the actor's rep met with the authorities "swiftly to resolve this misunderstanding." Later on, it was announced that the female bartender wouldn't press charges against him.

© AceShowbiz.com


MORE FROM NEWS

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

   

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
  2. Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
  3. Report: Michael Strahan Begging to Return to 'Live! with Kelly' After Feud With 'GMA' Co-Host
  4. Beyonce's Ex Manager Reveals How the Singer Is Trying to Save Her Marriage to Jay-Z
  5. She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
  6. Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent
  7. Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
  8. Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
  9. Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
  10. You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview

CELEBS PHOTO