July 27, 2012 06:25:26 GMT
The 'Bourne Legacy' lead actor opens up about what happened after gulping the wrong pill, 'Not only did I not sleep the entire flight, but there was ... 'camping' happening!'
Jeremy Renner revealed one embarrassing experience he had while on a flight from Los Angeles to London. The Hawkeye of "The Avengers" told Jimmy Kimmel recently that he accidentally took a Viagra pill instead of an Ambien to help him sleep.
"Somebody gave me some pills, like Ambien," the actor said when visiting "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". He recalled the day he got the painful erection, "So I took a little sleeping pill, popped it and realized nothing's happening - but something else was happening!"
"I realized very quickly that the 'A' was actually a little 'V' on the pill. Not only did I not sleep the entire flight, but there was ... 'camping' happening!" he continued. "There was no walking. If I had to go to the restroom, it was so embarrassing."
He was on the flight with the late Dennis Hopper back then. "And his daughter was there playing with this little glass menagerie on the ledge...I'm like playing with her and I'm like, 'Hold on a second, man. I'm gonna go to jail, I'm gonna get arrested. This does not look good'," he voiced his horror.
The flight attendants were not much of a help either. "They were sort of in on the joke," he remembered. "They were like, 'Can we get you anything, Mr. Renner?' (while gigling) 'Yeah, funny, ice, ice!' " He then asked for aspirin, but they didn't allow it because "they don't want the responsibility if you're allergic."