July 19, 2012 04:28:13 GMT
The Who will bring their rock opera back on the road in a 36-date tour across North America.
After a four-year break, have announced they will be back on the road with their rock opera, "". The band announced the 36-date tour in a press conference on Wednesday, July 18.
"We've been anxious to work together before we drop dead," said Pete Townshend about the upcoming tour. "I don't know how many more years I'll be able to sing this music," added Roger Daltrey. The band will play the entire classic album on their tour.
The lineup for the upcoming tour will consist of Townshend and Daltrey who will be backed by Zak Starkey on drums, Pino Palladino on bass, Simon Townshend on guitar and backing vocals, and Chris Stainton, Loren Gold and Frank Simes on keyboards.
Sunrise, Florida will be the band's first stop when the tour begins on November 1. They will be playing in various venues in North America and will end on February 26 of next year in Providence, Rhode Island. Members of the Who's official fan club get first dibs on tickets when they go on sale at 10 A.M. on Friday, July 20. The rest of the public will be able to purchase tickets on July 27.
They also talked about their involvement in the final ceremony of the Olympic games in London. "We have recorded a piece of music that is a fabulous ending for the Olympics and just shows the great music has come out of this country," said Daltrey. "It wasn't really about the Who being on a TV show. It's about just making great music that is applicable to the end of that event," he added.
- Nov 01 - Sunrise, FL at BankAtlantic Center
- Nov 03 - Orlando, FL at Amway Center
- Nov 05 - Duluth, GA at The Arena at Gwinnett Center
- Nov 08 - Greenville, SC at Bi-Lo Center
- Nov 09 - Greensboro, NC at Greensboro Coliseum
- Nov 11 - Pittsburgh, PA at CONSOL Energy Arena
- Nov 13 - Washington, DC at Verizon Center
- Nov 14 - Brooklyn, NY at Barclays Center
- Nov 16 - Boston, MA at TD Garden
- Nov 20 - Montreal, QC at Bell Centre (on sale 7/28)
- Nov 23 - Toronto, ON at Air Canada Centre
- Nov 24 - Detroit, MI at Joe Louis Arena
- Nov 27 - Minneapolis, MN at Target Center
- Nov 29 - Chicago, IL at Allstate Arena
- Dec 02 - Nashville, TN at Bridgestone Arena
- Dec 05 - New York, NY at Madison Square Garden
- Dec 06 - Newark, NJ at Prudential Center
- Dec 08 - Philadelphia, PA at Wells Fargo Center
- Dec 09 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
- Jan 28 - Anaheim, CA at Honda Center
- Jan 30 - Los Angeles, CA at STAPLES Center
- Feb 01 - Oakland, CA at Oracle Arena
- Feb 02 - Reno, NV at Reno Events Center
- Feb 05 - San Diego, CA at Valley View Casino Center
- Feb 06 - Glendale, AZ at Jobing.com Arena
- Feb 08 - Las Vegas, NV at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Feb 12 - Denver, CO at Pepsi Center
- Feb 14 - Tulsa, OK at BOK Center
- Feb 16 - Louisville, KY at KFC Yum! Arena
- Feb 17 - Columbus, OH at Schottenstein Center
- Feb 19 - Hamiltion, ON at Copps Coliseum
- Feb 21 - Uniondale, NY at Nassau Coliseum
- Feb 22 - Atlantic City, NJ at Boardwak Hall
- Feb 24 - Manchester, NH at Verizon Wireless Arena
- Feb 26 - Providence, RI at Dunkin' Donuts Center