Robert De Niro's NYC Apartment Went Up in Flames


Robert De Niro


Firefighters were called to the actor's expensive pad when blaze started in the laundry room and caused extensive damage.

Robert De Niro's apartment in Manhattan went up in flames while the actor was not home. Friday, June 8 afternoon, firefighters were called to expensive apartment block near West 68th Street to extinguish the fire on the fifth floor and they successfully contained it in an hour.

A Fire Department spokesman said there was no one injured in the incident although fire, smoke and water damage have been done on the fifth floor. The fourth and sixth floors also suffered some damage.

The fire source was believed to be the lint in the dryer in De Niro's laundry room. "The dryer in 5W caused the fire that spread through the entire 5th floor," Battalion Chief Mike Meyers told The NY Post. A firefighter added, "Some of the lint (in the dryer) caught fire."

A resident, Nathan Bear, was moving his car when suddenly "Right above my head these 12 foot tall flames exploded out of the 5th floor window," he said.

A spokesman for De Niro confirmed that the actor was out of the country when the blaze started.

© AceShowbiz.com


MORE FROM NEWS

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

   

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
  2. Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
  3. T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
  4. Iggy Azalea Responds to Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors: I Don't Even Know Him
  5. Fans Loath ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake - See the Hilarious Memes
  6. 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
  7. Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
  8. Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick
  9. Is Gwen Stefani Pregnant With Blake Shelton's Child?
  10. See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day

CELEBS PHOTO