Though 'The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I' claims the top prize, it is "The Hunger Games' which leads the pack by winning four Golden Popcorn statuettes in total.
The full winners of the 2012 Academy Awards have been revealed. Claiming the coveted Movie of the Year gong was "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I". The popular vampire movie defeated other blockbuster titles such as "The Hunger Games", "Bridesmaids", "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" and "The Help".
Jodie Foster presented the top prize to Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart. Upon receiving the gong, Stewart excitedly gushed, "I've been promoting 'Snow White' and I get a lot of questions saying 'You must be wanting to distance yourself from this.' And I'm like, 'Shut up!' This really means a lot."
Lautner added, "We really have so many people to thank. First and foremost, we have to thank you our dedicated fans. I want to thank our incredible director Bill Condon and the creator of this thing, producer and author Stephenie Meyer. We are super excited for you to see the final installment for 'The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II' on November 16."
Though claiming the top prize, "Breaking Dawn I" was not the one which collected the most kudos as it only took home two Golden Popcorn statuettes. It was "The Hunger Games" which dominated the pack with four gongs in total, including the Best Male and Female Performance awards.
Meanwhile, winning the Best On-Screen Transformation was Elizabeth Banks thanks to her role as fashionista Effie Trinket in "The Hunger Games". Other winners at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards included "Project X" (Instant Cult Classic), Johnny Depp (Generation Award), and Emma Stone (Trailblazer Award).
This year's MTV Movie Awards was held at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City with British funnyman Russell Brand serving as the host. The star-studded show included musical performance from Fun., Janelle Monae, Lil Wayne, Aerosmith and The Black Keys. Presenters during the night included such actors as Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Mila Kunis, Mark Wahlberg, Chris Hemsworth and more.
2012 MTV Movie Awards Full Winner List:
- Movie of the Year: "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I"
- Best Male Performance: Josh Hutcherson - "The Hunger Games"
- Best Female Performance: Jennifer Lawrence - "The Hunger Games"
- Breakthrough Performance: Shailene Woodley - "The Descendants"
- Best Cast: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II"
- Best On-Screen Transformation: Elizabeth Banks - "The Hunger Games"
- Best Fight: Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson vs. Alexander Ludwig - "The Hunger Games"
- Best Kiss: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson - "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I"
- Best On-Screen Dirt Bag: Jennifer Aniston - "Horrible Bosses"
- Best Music: "Party Rock Anthem," LMFAO - "21 Jump Street"
- Instant Cult Classic: "Project X"
- Generation Award: Johnny Depp
- Trailblazer Award: Emma Stone