March 02, 2012 07:19:17 GMT
Saying she is 'very flattered' to be considered as a possible new judge on the show, the 'All for You' songstress reveals her previous commitments keep her from accepting the job.
Janet Jackson has nixed the possibility of her becoming a new judge on "The X Factor (US)" season 2. After previously playing coy on the issue, the "Together Again" hitmaker has officially stated that she passed on the gig.
To TheInsider.com, the 45-year-old singer said she is "very flattered that 'X Factor' let me know that I was being considered for next season, but it just wouldn't be possible." She went on explaining that her commitments to her Number Ones Up Close and Personal Tour as well as a Tyler Perry movie did not allow her to take the judging duty.
Janet's team even insisted that the "For Colored Girls" star had "absolutely no meetings" with "X Factor" producers in regards to her possible involvement on the show, but sources said she was indeed in very early talks about joining the U.S. version of British "The X Factor" in mid-February.
Previously, Janet appeared to be caught off guard when asked by Anderson Cooper if she would join the second season of "X Factor". "Oh my God. No I'm not a judge on 'The X Factor'," she said before adding, "...that's all I really think I should say."
On the other hand, Louis Walsh has confirmed that Simon Cowell is offering Britney Spears to fill one of the vacant spots in the judging panel. "He's definitely talking to Britney to do his American show. Absolutely true," the Irish music manager said on "Craig Doyle Live".
Cowell has persistently refused to confirm or deny rumors regarding the possible new judges on his show. He recently said people can expect the official announcement in "the next few weeks."