February 25, 2012 03:27:23 GMT
Cohen's Admiral General Aladeen posts a note on his Twitter, claiming that 'the Academy have surrendered and sent over two tickets and a parking pass' so that he could attend the 2012 Academy Awards.
Sacha Baron Cohen is eventually allowed to appear as Admiral General Aladeen, his eccentric character in "The Dictator", on the red carpet of the 2012 Academy Awards on Sunday, February 26. Upon hearing the good news, the British actor's alter-ego released a statement to announce his "victory" for conquering the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
In a Twitter feed for Aladeen's fictional country, The Republic Of Wadiya, the character stated, "VICTORY IS OURS! Today the Mighty Nation of Wadiya triumphed over the Zionist snakes of Hollywood."
He added, "Evil and all those who made Satan their protector were vanquished and driven into the Pacific Sea. What I am trying to say here is that the Academy have surrendered and sent over two tickets and a parking pass! TODAY OSCAR, TOMORROW OBAMA!"
Earlier on Friday, producer Brian Grazer spoke to Extra to clarify the report that Cohen will be banned from the prestigious movie awards unless he cancels his plan to show up as Aladeen. Along with his partner Don Mischer, Grazer claimed, "We're thrilled to have him and he'll be on the red carpet dressed as 'The Dictator'."
Before Grazer announced that Cohen's stunt on the Oscars' red carpet is allowed, the comedian shared an "offensive" response to the Academy during the "Today" show. Appearing as the bombastic dictator of Wadiya, the thesp said that he was "outraged" for being banned from the Oscars, and threatened to launch an "unimaginable consequence" if he doesn't get his ticket back by midday on Sunday.
Cohen's Aladeen is a fictional Middle Eastern dictator who risks his life to ensure that democracy would never come to the country he so lovingly oppressed. On Tuesday, February 21, The Hollywood Repoter first broke the news that Cohen, who was invited to the Oscars as part of "Hugo" cast, has told Paramount Pictures of his outrageous plan at the awards.
The actor's extraordinary plan later caused serious concerns at the AMPAS for the association believed that his action could potentially spark mockery for the upcoming prestigious event. "We would hope that every studio knows that this is a bad idea. The Red Carpet is not about stunting," said an Oscars spokesperson at the moment.
The 40-year-old funnyman has a history of using formal events to promote his movies. In 2006, he appeared as his eccentric Kazakh journalist character in "Borat" when attending the Toronto International Film Festival. In 2009, meanwhile, he performed a stunt with Eminem to promote "Bruno" at MTV Video Music Awards.
Back in 2007, the husband of Isla Fisher was asked to be a presenter at the Oscars, but he insisted to only do it if he was allowed to appear as Borat. When the Academy refused his request, he decided to pass the show.