February 03, 2012 03:31:38 GMT
Despite reports that 'Bridget Jones's Baby' is being delayed because Hugh Grant dislikes the script, multiple sources close to the production say that the producers 'will make this movie this year.'
A third "Bridget Jones" movie still has a chance to move forward despite reports that the sequel is being delayed due to a script issue. Multiple sources close to the production told Deadline that the production team is adamant to "make this movie this year."
Though the insiders admitted that the producers are "still tweaking the script", it is said that the three lead actors in the "Bridget Jones" series, Hugh Grant, Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth, are determined to make the project happen. Additionally, those insiders slammed rumors that Grant has bowed out of the third movie.
The forthcoming sequel, which has been going under the working title "Bridget Jones's Baby", has been facing some troubles since "Bridesmaids" director Paul Feig exited the film and was replaced by Peter Cattaneo. However, an insider claimed that it is "bulls***" that the movie will be scrapped because of that.
Previously, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that "Bridget Jones 3" is in a big trouble as a script issue has forced the creative team to delay the production. Multiple sources said that Grant been very vocal in expressing his dissatisfaction with David Nicholls and Helen Fielding's script, forcing the producers to delay the film until the issues can be resolved. "It's basically dead," claimed a source.
The "Bridget Jones" film series have scored a big success both financially and critically. The first movie was released in 2001 and has grossed nearly $282 million worldwide. Its follow-up, "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason", was released three years later and collected a total cume of $262 million worldwide.