After saying last year that he was disappointed with the direction "Two and a Half Men" has taken since his departure, Charlie Sheen has once again criticized his former show. At a NATPE press conference on Monday, January 23, the 46-year-old actor shared his opinion that the CBS sitcom should not last much longer.
"I don't think ['Two and a Half Men'] should go on past this year. I just think that people are there because there's nowhere else to go," he said as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter. However, he does not blame his replacement Ashton Kutcher since he understands the situation.
"I've done what he's done. I've replaced a guy [on 'Spin City']. It's so f***in hard, you can't believe it," so the son of Martin Sheen claimed. "It's all your thinking about and you're surrounded by these ghosts. They physically changed the set [on 'Men'] so that there's not this subconscious thing of it's Charlie's piano or its Charlie's stuff."
Praising Kutcher "for doing the best job that he can," Sheen instead puts the blame on "Men" creator Chuck Lorre. "I don't think that he's working with the best writing because [Lorre is] doing too many shows. He and Jon [Cryer] and Angus [T. Jones] deserve better material," he stated.
Now that he is no longer working for "Men" producers Lorre and Lee Aronsohn, Sheen admitted he is glad that he is "free from their bondage." Comparing his position on the CBS series with his position on the upcoming FX show "Anger Management", he said, "I was a puppet there for ratings... Here, everybody is family."
Speaking of what his upcoming show has to offer, the "Major League" star teased, "It's been a combination of respect, admiration and involvement. That didn't exist over [at 'Men']." He went on gushing, "It's going to be an absolute f***in' rocket ship to the moon."